Bounce For Relief
Cocaineblunts.com Bounce For Relief Compilation – REREREREUPPED 3/3/13
1. DJ Jimi – Where They At? (Soulin, 1990)
2. Lil’ Elt & DJ Tee – Get The Gat Gemix (Parkway Pumpin’, 1993)
3. UNLV – Another Bitch (Cash Money, 1993)
4. Silky Slim – Sister Sister (Profile, 1992)
5. Juvenile – Powder Bag (Warlock, 1994)
6. Cool D – Bitch Watcha Gonna Do? (Mr. Tee, 1994)
7. Lil Goldie – Act A Donkey On A… (Mobo, 1997)
8. DJ Jimi f/ Juvenile – Bounce (For The Juvenile) (Soulin’, 1992)
9. Cheeky Blakk – Lemme Get That Outcha (Tombstone, 1995)
10. Everlasting Hitmen – Bounce Baby Bounce (Mr. Tee, 1992)
11. Sporty T – Sporty Talkin’ Sporty (Big Boy, 1993)
12. 2 Blakk – Second Line Jump
13. Magnolia Shorty – Monkey On The Dick (Cash Money, 1995)
14. Partners N Crime – We Don’t Love Them Hoes(Big Boy, 1994)
15. MC TT Tucker & DJ Irv – Where Dey At? (Sioul, 1990)
16. Bust Down – Nasty Bitch (Effect, 1991)
To show support for the our folks who have suffered (and are still suffering) down in the NO as well as pay respect to the areas rich musical history, I’ve put together this little compilation/mix of rare and classic New Orleans Bounce music, perhaps the most underrated/misunderstood of all hip hop offshoots. Now these days most people will refer to anything from the south with triplet hi hats as bounce, but that’s not the case, as you’ll see when you download this.
Lyrically, it mostly involves not so elaborate vamps announcing elaborate dances (ie: “Monkey/Donkey On The Dick”), demanding sexual favors (“eat my pussy”) and repping your hood. All over the omnipresent Show Boys “Drag Rap”/Triggerman loop (you’ll recognize it when you hear it). It might seem a bit primitive in comparison to what’s coming out of the area now, but bounce was crucial to the development of that sound. Here we got Juvenile’s first appearance, early Mannie Fresh & KLC (Beats By The Pound/No Limit) beats alongside a ton of heads that aren’t quite as recognizable.
I was gonna do this whole thing where i’d sell CD-Rs in exchange for donations but I’d imagine you all have no use for hand burnt cds as it is, y’all got ipods and what not. plus it’d be on soulseek in ten minutes anyway, which would totally defeat the purpose. The deeper I got in the project, the less practical it seemed. So understand that by downloadingyou’re entering into an agreement that you have or will either Donate or at least bid on the soulstrut string of charity record auctions that the vanguard squad has spearheaded. Just do something, whatever you can. Yadidamean? I shouldn’t have to bribe you.
I know the yousendit’s gonna go down in like ten minutes. I’ll try to update the link periodically, even though i’m not gonna be near a computer most of the weekend. And if you download it and want to throw it back up, either on a free server or your own server, please please do, and post the link in the comments.